Personal information is any information about you where your identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information.
The amount of personal information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us. We will collect personal information from you if you:
- apply to become a registered user of our website by creating an Image Library account;
- make a product or service enquiry;
- complete a product registration form or warranty card (as applicable);
- correspond with us, including by email;
- call our Customer Service line;
The type of personal information you may provide to us includes your name, address, email address, telephone, mobile phone number, facsimile number, business name, credit card particulars, bank details and ABN or ACN number.
Unless you register to become a user of our Image Library, you can generally visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information.
We collect personal information from you for a number of reasons, including to:
- sell and deliver our products and services to you;
- improve our service;
- send you direct marketing material by email or post;
- respond to your questions or requests for information;
- manage warranty claims and provide after sales service;
- assist us to forecast the future demand for our products and services;
- analyse our website usage;
- enhance the content of our website;
- keep a record of our dealings with each other; and
- comply with legal obligations.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
Credit Reporting Information
GAF Control (Sales) Pty Ltd also collects financial and trading information from customers in order to establish and manage business and customer relationships. This information is securely held for internal accounting and administration purposes associated with the provision of products and services (including the extension of commercial credit) to customers and in order to enhance our business relationship and level of service.
Collection of commercial credit information is undertaken only with consent. To complete an application to open an account or extend commercial credit we may ask you to provide information including your: business structure, trading history, and details and value of trading premises.
GAF Control (Sales) Pty Ltd may receive commercial credit information about you from a credit reporting body, or trade referees provided by you. GAF Control (Sales) Pty Ltd may also disclose limited commercial credit information about you to third parties where you have nominated GAF Control (Sales) Pty Ltd as a trade reference, solely to fulfil this purpose. Commercial credit information will only be used to assess your credit worthiness. It will not be used for the purposes of pre-screening of direct marketing by a credit provider, and will not be disclosed to entities outside Australia.
To the extent that the customer is an unincorporated entity, this is personal information covered by this policy. Information about corporate customers, which is about an identifiable person, is also personal information covered by this policy. GAF Control (Sales) Pty Ltd does not have a practice of collecting or holding consumer credit information covered by the Credit Reporting Privacy Code.
Disclosure to Third Parties
GAF Control (Sales) Pty Ltd recognises the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information and so will not give your personal information to third parties unless:
- you have given us your consent to do so;
- it is necessary for us to do so to fulfil the primary purpose(s) for which we collected your personal information;
- you would reasonably expect us to disclose it for a related purpose; or
- we are required to do so by law.
The third parties we will typically share your personal information with include our authorised representatives and service providers which we use to conduct our business, functions and activities. These organisations may be involved or conduct:
- mailing, shipping or courier operations;
- information technology services;
- legal, auditing, accountancy or other professional services;
- credit reporting services;
- repair, installation or maintenance services;
- insurance services;
- billing and debt collecting functions
- website usage analysis
If we disclose personal information in countries outside Australia, we will only do so in compliance with all applicable Australian data protection and privacy laws and if we reasonably believe that the information will remain subject to principles for fair handling of the information which are substantially similar to the applicable Australian privacy laws.
Website data and cookies
When you visit our website, we collect your server address, domain name and information regarding the pages which you visit and links that you click on. This information is used for statistical and website development purposes only.
We will only collect sensitive information from you relating to race, ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion or trade unions, sexual preferences or activities, criminal record, state of health and medical history with your consent and only use it for the purposes for which it is provided. We do not typically collect such information.
The security of your personal information is of great importance to us, and we take reasonable steps to:
- keep your personal information secure in a combination of secure computer storage, hard copy files and other access-controlled records; and
- ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You can help us keep your information secure by keeping any user names, passwords or profiles used on our website confidential.
We will endeavour to destroy or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was provided, unless a legal exception applies.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is relevant, accurate, complete and up-to-date. We appreciate you assisting us by letting us know if your personal information has changed.
You have a right of access to most personal information we hold about you and the right to correct or update your personal information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. To request access, please contact our privacy officer, whose contact details are set out below. We will need to verify your identity before meeting your request, which we may require in writing, and we will process it in a reasonable time.
Queries and complaints
The General Manager
GAF Control (Sales) Pty Ltd
Po Box 19
Altona North, Victoria, 3025
P: (03) 8368 1800
GAF Control (Sales) Pty Ltd is a wholly Australian owned company.